Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
M-F 8a - 5p
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager develop, implement and drive continuous improvement in manufacturing performance using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles in support of USDP’s strategic initiatives and business goals.
Develops, conducts, implements, and measure various internal manufacturing processes and methods to improve operational efficiencies and evaluates and tracks project success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Under the direction of the Engineering Manager develop process and product improvement programs. Facilitate, train and deploy these programs. Includes, but is not limited to:
o Design and improve machine safety
o Design and improve line efficiency
• Lead/facilitate change management activities.
o Acts as change agent to instill Lean culture throughout the organization.
o Executes transition plans from current state to future state.
• Lead projects such as reducing operating costs, improved process control, machine reliability, machine set-up times and introducing new products and processes, and new equipment installations.
• Train and coach USDP personnel in the use of lean manufacturing tools and methodology.
• Assist with developing material specifications and standards to incorporate into Vendor Qualification System.
• Work with the BPI coordinator to manage lean core teams and function as a member of the USDP steering committee.
• Work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a proven track record of leading and driving change through the use of lean manufacturing tools & six sigma techniques in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong Microsoft office skills.
• Must have AutoCAD skills and Solid Works a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Highly self directed, self motivated and willing to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills.
• Able to travel as required.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Willing to stay current with Continuous Improvement methodologies.
Minimum Requirements of Education and Experience:
4 year degree in manufacturing, industrial, or related engineering field plus 4+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lean and Six sigma certification.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
May be required to maneuver and operate production-bottling equipment, which includes labelers, case packers, palletizers, etc. Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, sit for extended periods of time and tolerate 90° heat.
Send This Job to a Friend