Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Forklift Operator I - 2nd Shift
M-F 2p - 10p
Job Summary: Since 1912, Phillips Distilling Company (PDC) has produced high-quality spirits and popular brands. As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and community. This position will work under the direction of the assigned Warehouse Supervisor, is responsible for performing end-of-line production duties and picking customer orders in the warehouse safely, accurately, and quickly to contribute to meeting the Company’s mission of developing and marketing high-quality brands and running best-in-class operations.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Picks orders safely, accurately, and quickly, which includes:
• Following the pick slip report to determine product location
• Planning route and order of product picking to gather cases efficiently and maintain layer discipline in stacking so as not to damage any of the stock.
• Completing pick slip report and other documentation appropriately.
• Operating a forklift to remove product from stacks.
• Using RF scanner to scan pallet to order and verify product identification.
• Securing product on pallet for shipping using shrink-wrap.
• Stage picked product at loading dock for order pick-up.
• Performs end-of-line production duties which includes:
• Removing full pallets of product from the end of line using a forklift.
• Securing product on pallets using shrink-wrapper.
• Ensuring proper documentation of transfer and product identification.
• Entering the product location on the EOL sheet and transferring that location onto the master production sheet.
• Locating space in the warehouse for new product and transferring product to intended location using a pallet jack.
• Maintaining a supply of good empty pallets for the EOL activity, making sure that the palletizer magazine is kept supplied.
• Using system reports to consolidate like items into fewer Warehouse locations.
• Completes all appropriate paperwork neatly and accurately.
• Operates a forklift safely and competently as well as maintain the forklift and batteries.
• Works in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Assists with loading and unloading of trucks as needed.
• Maintains clean equipment and a clean working environment.
• Communicates regularly with shipper and other Forklift Operators to work as a team.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to operate a forklift to move, stack, load, or unload materials in and about facility in a safe and competent manner.
• Ability to calculate different units of measurement to fulfill case quantities.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and be diligent in following picking processes.
• Ability to read and write English and perform basic math.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Ability to operate RF Gun.
• Must have good communication skills, the ability to work well with others, and the ability to multitask.
• Ability to use deductive reasoning in troubleshooting to solve work-related problems.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training and Experience: Must complete and pass forklift operator certification qualifications. High school diploma or equivalent desired.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis during each shift and tolerate moderate heat.
Send This Job to a Friend