To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supply the assigned line by removing cases from pallets and placing them on the supply conveyor in the correct orientation.
- Lift full cases from case sealer conveyor and stack them on pallets according to prearranged patterns.
- Observe bottles as they travel along the conveyor.
Remove and/or repair defective bottles as necessary.
- Remove full bottles from conveyor and place them into empty cases.
- Repackage, recode, and perform other custom casework as needed based upon orders received.
- Invert cases of empty bottles, unload bottles onto unscrambler conveyor, and place empty case on overhead conveyor.
- Operate all case erectors to insure that cases are erected properly and delivered to the packing station.
- Assist and back up Level II position as needed.
- Work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with filler washouts, cleaning labeler parts and cap changes between products.
- Sweep and mop floor in work area, remove trash from area and place in trash compactor and crush cardboard in compactor.
- Maintain a clean production area and keep cleaning supplies stocked properly.
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing teams.
- Work in Special Projects area efficiently.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and write English and perform basic math.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good communication skills, ability to work well with others, and ability to multitask.
Minimum Requirements of Training and Experience:
This is an entry level position where training will be provided.
No previous experience is necessary. High school diploma or equivalent desired but not required.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
The ability to tolerate 90°F heat and stand or sit for periods of 3 hours.
Some jobs may require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds 50 times per hour, lift 35 pounds 90 times per hour.