Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
HR Business Partner
Since 1912, Phillips Distilling Company (PDC) has been producing high-quality spirits and popular brands. As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our commitment to innovation, quality and community. This position is responsible for performing HR related duties for assigned business units on a professional level working closely with senior management, functional leaders and employees. Responsibilities to include: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, compensation and benefits administration. This individual formulates partnerships to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Conducts recruitment effort (includes all pre-employment activities) for exempt and nonexempt personnel, internships, and temporary employees via appropriate agencies and leads onboarding process for assigned business units.
• Develops and maintains good relationships with universities, technical schools, employment agencies and other recruitment resources.
• Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management; includes coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build employee morale, increase employee engagement and productivity.
• Review employee relation issues and ensure accurate and timely documentation of concerns. Facilitate actions to resolve the issues and escalate them to appropriate management team.
• Partners with Sr. Management on organizational development, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to management for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Partners with management to identify training needs for business units and individual coaching needs and helps facilitate obtaining the proper training resources.
• Participates in evaluation and monitoring the success of training programs; follows-up to ensure training objectives are met. Includes training grant tracking requirements.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Recommends policy and procedure changes to ensure compliance and alignment with Company objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of personnel/human resources and customer service to effectively represent and serve employees in the workplace.
• Must have superb interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) to both interpret and convey accurate information.
• Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
• Must have strong critical thinking skills to evaluate different courses of action and select the appropriate one based on priority and other contextual factors.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office application software (i.e., PowerPoint, Access)
• Must have the ability to be flexible and effectively manage one’s time while working in a fast paced work environment; including multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
• Must be self-motivated with the ability and desire to actively learn and adapt in a growing organization.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support continuous improvement.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years HR experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: The ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
Send This Job to a Friend