||Production Level II - 2nd Shift
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates case packers and sealers efficiently to ensure bottles are packed properly into cases.
- Operates palletizers efficiently to confirm the pallet patterns are correct.
- Monitors full cases to ensure accurate content and placement of government panels and 6 x 6 coding stickers.
- Tracks and records serial numbers to enter into finished goods.
- Records defective products and documents production line down time on Thin Clients to maintain quality.
- Utilizes troubleshooting techniques to problem solve when technical difficulty and machine problems arise.
- Generates I-service requests for Maintenance.
- Assists Line Operator and other production line teammates to take corrective action when the production line is not working properly or additional help is needed.
- Observes bottles as they travel along the conveyor to detect and remove defective bottles and adjust misaligned bottles as necessary.
- Operates all case erectors to ensure that cases are erected properly and delivered to the packing station.
- Removes full bottles from conveyor and places them into empty cases to package cases for sealing.
- Screens full cases at predetermined time intervals to check for defects and completes corresponding quality check paperwork to ensure quality standards are met.
- Repackages, recodes, and performs other custom casework as needed based upon orders received from the Line Lead.
- Sweeps and mops the floor in the work area, removes trash from area, and places/crushes the trash and cardboard in the compactor.
- Assists with filler washouts, cleaning labeler parts and cap changes when the line moves to a new product.
- Maintains a clean production area and stocks cleaning supplies properly.
- Actively participates in Lean Manufacturing teams to improve business processes.
- Transfers skills efficiently when working towards specific goals in the Special Projects area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and write English and perform basic math.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of machinery and related equipment.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions and persistence in completing tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning in troubleshooting to solve work-related problems.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills, the ability to work well with others, and the ability to multitask to meet production goals.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
- Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedure and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
- Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
- Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Training and Experience: Must be able to perform one or more of the Level I production essential functions. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: The ability to tolerate 90°F heat and stand or sit for periods of 3 hours. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.