Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
M-Th 6a - 4p
Job Summary: Since 1912, Phillips Distilling Company (PDC) has produced high-quality spirits and popular brands. As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and community. This position will work under the direction of the assigned Line Lead, performs a range of manual, technical, and machine-oriented tasks that maintain proper functioning of the production line and contribute to meeting the Company’s mission of developing and marketing high-quality brands and running best-in-class operations.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operates case packers and sealers efficiently to ensure bottles are packed properly into cases.
• Operates palletizers efficiently to confirm the pallet patterns are correct.
• Monitors full cases to ensure accurate content and placement of government panels and 6 x 6 coding stickers.
• Tracks and records serial numbers to enter into finished goods.
• Records defective products and documents production line down time on Thin Clients to maintain quality.
• Utilizes troubleshooting techniques to problem solve when technical difficulty and machine problems arise.
• Generates I-service requests for Maintenance.
• Assists Line Operator and other production line teammates to take corrective action when the production line is not working properly or additional help is needed.
• Observes bottles as they travel along the conveyor to detect and remove defective bottles and adjust misaligned bottles as necessary.
• Operates all case erectors to ensure that cases are erected properly and delivered to the packing station.
• Removes full bottles from conveyor and places them into empty cases to package cases for sealing.
• Screens full cases at predetermined time intervals to check for defects and completes corresponding quality check paperwork to ensure quality standards are met.
• Repackages, recodes, and performs other custom casework as needed based upon orders received from the Line Lead.
• Sweeps and mops the floor in the work area, removes trash from area, and places/crushes the trash and cardboard in the compactor.
• Assists with filler washouts, cleaning labeler parts and cap changes when the line moves to a new product.
• Maintains a clean production area and stocks cleaning supplies properly.
• Actively participates in Lean Manufacturing teams to improve business processes.
• Transfers skills efficiently when working towards specific goals in the Special Projects area.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read and write English and perform basic math.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of machinery and related equipment.
• Ability to perform repetitive motions and persistence in completing tasks under time constraints.
• Ability to use deductive reasoning in troubleshooting to solve work-related problems.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Must have good communication skills, the ability to work well with others, and the ability to multitask to meet production goals.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedure and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Training and Experience: Must be able to perform one or more of the Level I production essential functions. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: The ability to tolerate 90°F heat and stand or sit for periods of 3 hours. The ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Send This Job to a Friend