Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Sr. Demand Planning/Forecasting Analyst
Job Summary: This position is a senior analyst responsible for all elements of forecasting and the S&OP process. This includes maintaining forecasting system integrity to ensure proper follow-through and efficiency to meet the Company’s mission of developing and marketing high-quality brands, and running best-in-class operations.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Partners with USDP customers to develop item- level forecasts based on their input, promotional calendars, and statistical analysis of sales history.
• Executes and manages Sales & Operation Plan, ensuring all applicable individuals/departments understand their roles and final outcomes.
• Develops and releases forecasts in a timely manner to sales, purchasing, and production planners to ensure products are available to meet customer demand.
• Creates and manages positive working relationships with sales personnel and contract customers, ensuring clear objectives, policies, and procedures are communicated.
• Establishes and manages constraints related to forecasting function.
• Performs data analysis of various metrics including sales trends and item statistics in order to develop company practices for inventory management and to provide recommendations to appropriate parties regularly.
• Confers with departmental managers and personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes and shortage issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills; with the ability to negotiate effectively with professionalism.
• Must have excellent computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite; experience with Oracle E-Business Suite; and working knowledge with forecasting software (Demantra or similar tools).
• Must have experience in a sales and operations plan work environment.
• Must have strong time management skills and be able to perform well under pressure and demonstrate flexibility in modifying schedules to support business needs.
• The position requires an understanding and interaction with the following departments: Finance, Purchasing, Warehouse, Rectifying, Government Regulations, Product Development, and Production to maximize the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Must have strong analytical thinking and deductive reasoning skills in work-related problem solving.
• Must have the ability to work with various types of people and adjust appropriately in communicating.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedure and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training and Experience: Must have a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related training and experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a batch process environment and MRP system (strong preference to Oracle E-Business Suite) is required. APICS certification is preferred
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: The ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
Send This Job to a Friend