Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Since 1912, Phillips Distilling Company (PDC) has been producing high-quality spirits and popular brands. As one of America's oldest family-owned spirits companies, we pride ourselves on our independent spirit and our commitment to innovation, quality and community. Under direction of the Shift Manager, this position is responsible for directing and instructing employees in the production area to ensure efficient production and utilization of resources.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Performs workforce planning and time-off management by tracking employee attendance and daily activities. Manages employee performance in accordance with company policies.
• Supervises the efficiency, accuracy, and completion of scheduled tasks.
• Confers with other supervisors/managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments, including special projects to utilize labor and materials efficiently.
• Directs and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in the production and processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and machine operators.
• Double-checks schedule and product board to insure product is available. Communicates tank and batch numbers to line personnel and EOL.
• Inspects fill height audits and make sure they are being performed twice daily (a run in excess of four hours requires two fill heights and the first check should be done prior to line start-up).
• Ensures line personnel know their responsibilities during line breakdowns, product changes, moves to other lines, etc.
• Communicates personnel job safety, responsibilities, and procedures with all untrained line personnel.
• Supervises and trains line personnel in their daily functions. Ensures employees trained on new equipment are assigned to experienced workers.
• Inspects line equipment while it is running for unusual wear, vibrations, and heat and oil leaks.
• Ensures cleanup is performed properly including floors, trenches, bottling equipment, overhead conveyors, E.O.L. area, F.O.L. area, dumpster, compactor, etc.
• Ensures reports are turned in by line personnel at the end of the day (label operator, Q.C., fill heights, etc.).
• Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Enforce safety rules including hair length, eye protection, hearing protection, attire, lock-out/tag-out and any other safety rules.
• Assist the production scheduler in developing a lead schedule that is productive and efficient.
• Agrees to abide by all privacy policies and procedures at USDP.
• Work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to read and write English and perform basic math.
• Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, Oracle, Excel, record keeping, database activity, word processing, internet, etc.
• Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff to desired business outcomes.
• Must be team oriented and work well with others in an environment requiring a high degree of flexibility.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with employees, managers, & supervisors.
• Knowledge of production and processing, and administration and management.
• Must have sound judgment in decision making using deductive reasoning.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedure and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training and Experience: Must have 2-year degree or technical post-secondary education, with 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a supervisory/leadership role, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: The employee may be required to maneuver and operate production-bottling equipment, which includes labelers, case packers, palletizers, etc. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to tolerate 90° heat.
Send This Job to a Friend