Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
Bottle Blowing Operator
M-Th 6a - 4p
The Blow Mold Operator, is responsible for completing all bottle blowing functions to produce PET bottles in accordance with established manufacturing processes and procedures. Work includes operating, adjusting, and maintaining blow molders, palletizers, case packer, fork lift, case erector, case inserter, and other equipment to support the operation.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operates blow molders, palletizers, case packer, fork lift, case erector, case inserter, compressors and other equipment efficiently to identify defects and ensure bottles are packed properly.
• Monitors blow molder temperature and stretching duration and records on a spreadsheet.
• Creates pick slips with materials needed for a bottle blowing production run for the Forklift Operator to gather prior to production.
• Updates machine parts inventory to ensure adequate part supply and request additional parts when needed.
• Utilizes ACE system to select and apply raw materials to the appropriate batch.
• Supplies bottle blowing line machines with materials needed to keep the line running, such as inserters, preforms, etc.
• Performs quality control tests (bottle thickness, wattage, top and bottom pressure checks, etc.) to ensure production meets quality standards at all times.
• Performs change-overs by removing, cleaning, and replacing machine parts for production of a new bottle type as directed by the Lead Machine Operator. Completes the machine adjustments and maintenance of parts that accompanies mold changes.
• Serves as back-up for Lead Machine Operator as needed.
• Maintains accurate and timely records of all applicable blow mold activities.
• Abides by company safety policies and practices at all times.
• Observes all machine safety and lock out tag out procedures at all times.
• Makes repairs/adjustments with basic tools to ensure proper machine functioning (case packers, palletizers, case erectors, etc.).
• Analyzes various inventory situations.
• Performs quality checks at strategic time intervals to ensure product quality by examining bottles, cases, and making machine adjustments when required.
• Completes all necessary documentation and tracking in an organized fashion.
• Operates laser printer to ensure proper printing of date code on each bottle.
• Works in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
• Assists in all areas of department when needed (lead operator, packing, warehousing, etc.).
• Maintains clean equipment and a clean working environment.
• Communicates regularly with other blow mold operators to work as a team.
• Builds partial pallets and performs other duties as assigned by the Bottle Blowing Manager.
• Able to work flexible work hours when required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to read and write English.
• Must have mechanical aptitude to adjust/repair line machinery.
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Must have good communication skills, the ability to work well with others, and the ability to multitask.
• Ability to use sound judgment and deductive reasoning to diagnose and troubleshoot to solve work-related problems.
• Must have strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible in changing tasks regularly.
• Must be capable of reading and understanding equipment manuals.
• Must have manual dexterity skills.
Commitment to Safety and Continuous Improvement:
• Must be able to work in a safe and courteous manner while abiding by the Company’s safety policies and procedures and assisting with eliminating and/or controlling safety hazards.
• Must have the ability to work and participate in an environment that expects all employees to support wellness, safety, quality, and environmental responsibility.
• Must have the ability to participate in and support Continuous Improvement; including process improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities.
Minimum Requirements of Education, Training and Experience: Must complete and pass forklift operator certification qualifications. Minimum 6 months experience with machine operation. High school diploma or equivalent desired.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions: Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis during each shift, maneuver body to make machine adjustments, and tolerate moderate heat.
Send This Job to a Friend