||Lobby Bartender: Hilton Garden Inn
Position Status: Part-time, non-exempt hourly; days will vary, 3PM - 11PM
Who are we?
Titan Development & Investments has been family owned since 1934, and are a top employer in Rochester, Minnesota. We focus on the development, acquisition, and management of hospitality,
health care, retail, and housing properties. Your next career could start with one of our premier companies, such as DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Andy’s Liquor, Northwest Liquors.
Why work for us?
Several of our businesses have been recognized as being a great place to work. Not only do we offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits, there are many other perks, such as numerous
dining and retail discounts, special offers for theme parks, hotels, sporting events, and shows, employee recognition celebrations, numerous opportunities for performance related awards, flexible scheduling, and more!
Oversees bar activities to ensure excellent customer service, accurate cash drawer balancing and staff training
- Monitors overall condition of bar, public areas, ensures that deficiencies are rectified
- Check ID to ensure minimum age requirement is met
- Collect payment and/or process payment method (cash/credit/charge to room)
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure bar is performing at established standards
- Ensures that patrons’ needs are fulfilled and their experience is as pleasurable as possible; responds to patrons’ feedback, including complaints/problems
- Ensures all beverage operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Maintains complete knowledge of and strictly abides by state liquor regulations
- Attend annual alcohol awareness course
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all beverage selections available and characteristics/description of every wine/champagne on the wine list and by the glass; all designated
glassware/garnishes for drinks
- Bartenders shall not consume alcoholic beverages while on hotel premises, whether on duty or not. They may use the hotel facilities by special permission from management only
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation
for intoxicated patrons
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient on Digital Dinning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to
stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Includes conflict situations, Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people, Opportunity to make decisions
without supervision, Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization, Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company, Freedom to determine
tasks, priorities, and goals, Requires being exact or highly accurate, Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people, Requires working indoors and outdoors.
This job description reflects the management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
||Send This Job to a Friend