The Mortgage Account Executive will research and identify high producing third party referral partners that can deliver quality residential loan products to the Credit Union. In addition, this role must maintain quality standards through proper loan review,
attention to detail, and completion of all required steps in a timely and efficient manner. The Mortgage Account Executive works independently and uses his or her judgment and knowledge to identify and develop relationships with prospects.
1. Identifies potential business partner opportunities within Account Executive’s authorized territory with whom the Credit Union wishes to enter into a strategic partnership, identify and contact key partner personnel and other referral sources, associations
and strategic alliances.
2. Contacts, solicits and makes presentations to such partners (primarily in person at the partner’s place of business) regarding various loan programs, obtain commitments and agreements with partners at such presentations to enter into referral lending
arrangements with the Credit Union; and engage in other promotional activities in conjunction with these activities.
3. Provides the partner with initial and ongoing on-site training, updates and information regarding the Credit Union’s loan programs, loan guidelines, and loan processing and closing systems, technologies and practices.
4. Regularly visits partners to obtain additional referrals and commitments for, and submission of, new loan applications.
5. Anticipates and responds to loan-level and systematic questions or concerns the referral partner may have with respect to the Credit Union’s services or loan programs; and escalate such matters in accordance with the guidelines and instructions provided
6. Identifies process improvements and workflow enhancements.
7. Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
8. Stays abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to, changes in regulations, technology, etc
9. Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to get along with members, co-workers, management and vendors.
10. Performs additional duties as required.
The Mortgage Account Executive works under minimal supervision exercising independent judgment. This person’s primary responsibility is to originate $2M of first and second mortgages per month. His / her performance is primarily based on member service levels,
loan volume, and loan quality that will be measured by the lending manager.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance or business administration preferred.
2. A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience at a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
3. Detailed knowledge of secondary market guidelines.
4. Complies with all requirements for Mortgage Loan Originators set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLRS.
5. Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong decision making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
7. Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
8. Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
9. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Heavy travel required.
Environmental / Physical / Mental Requirements:
The Mortgage Account Executive’s work area is a busy, noisy and distracting service area. Much of the day is spent either on his/her feet or seated at a workstation. An operation of diverse financial equipment and systems requires excellent eye-hand coordination,
dexterity and flexibility. The Mortgage Account Executive must be able to verbally communicate instructions and information clearly concisely and accurately to our members and co-workers. In addition, these individuals must be able to read and comprehend sometimes
complex operations, specifications and details to process applications accurately.