||Mortgage Loan Processor
||Life at Quorum is much more than just a list of cool things.
But we still thought you'd like to see a few.
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative work environment
• True work/life integration
• Growth-oriented company with career opportunities
• Top tier compensation and benefits package
• 401k with company match
• Corporate-wide commitment to training and development
• Leadership committed to transparency and engagement
The Mortgage Loan Processor II works closely with the loan officers and underwriters from approval through post closing of the mortgage loan. In addition, this role analyzes and clears underwriting conditions, resolves routine title issues, and prepares loan
files for the closing attorney.
1. Processes and closes first and second mortgage applications in accordance with secondary market/Credit Union guidelines and ensures loan documentation complies with Federal, State, local rules and regulations. Works with the lending team to maintain archiving
of mortgage files.
2. Manages satisfactory reviews and clearance of underwriting conditions which include, but are not limited to income, asset documentation, collateral documentation and resolving routine title issues ensuring loan files meet secondary market and/or Credit Union
guidelines. Routine title issues include, but are not limited to the following: vesting issues, child support liens, judgment liens, mechanic liens and undisclosed liens.
3. Orders various reports such as appraisal, flood certifications, and title, reviewing for issues or disputes and working with various parties to clear outstanding items.
4. Inputs and updates data into loan origination systems and assures adequate file integrity. Generates and/or ensures timely generation of all required documentation and processing disclosures.
5. Submits mortgage loans through Desktop Underwriter and reviews the automated underwriting conditions to ensure loan still meets original approval eligibility.
6. Interacts with assigned Loan Officer and Underwriter to resolve any file discrepancies in order to ensure timeliness of rate locks, compliance, and loan delivery for committed loans.
7. Maintains a high level of customer service by being proactive in communication with members, vendors, attorneys, relocation agents, title company representatives and staff members in order to ensure proficient processing of all loans.
8. Performs post closing review of the loan file to ensure proper documentation compliance.
9. Interacts with outside vendors to facilitate loan processing and servicing.
10. Identifies process improvements to streamline operations and maintain adequate controls across the organization.
11. Participates periodically on projects related to mortgage lending including, but not limited to, the update of policies and procedures, internal and external audit requirements.
12. Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management and vendors.
13. Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
14. Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
15. Performs additional duties as required.
The Mortgage Loan Processor II works under moderate supervision following established guidelines and procedures and exercises some independent judgment. This person must be action oriented, self-motivated and creative while being highly functional.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or other business related degree preferred; will consider experience in lieu of degree.
2. Minimum of three years related experience; related work experience in mortgage industry preferred.
3. Knowledge of the mortgage process from origination to post closing.
4. Detailed knowledge of secondary market guidelines and regulations.
5. Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong decision making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
7. Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with DU automated underwriting system(s) and Morvision loan origination system.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend