The Sr. Software Architect position is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of solutions as well as providing support for a range of business system applications and processes. In addition, this role serves as a business consultant by
collaborating across technology, business, and vendor stakeholders to understand requirements and design solutions that are scalable and maintainable. Along with internal development, this role will be responsible for the implementation of application releases,
enhancements and system interfaces within the Credit Union.
1. Designs, codes, tests and supports internally developed applications, processes, Web services and ETL integration solutions. 2. Collaborates with members of the Information Technology team and business stakeholders to conduct requirements gathering sessions
as well as create design and technical specifications.
3. Responsible for architecting, designing, and maintaining the Microsoft .NET and SQLServer technology development environment and related coding standards.
4. Establish and champion methodologies for creating solutions that are flexible / scalable, providing the ability to easily expand functionality, load, and user base.
5. Identifies, analyzes, documents and responds to applications and process problems. Recommends solutions, initiates corrective action, follows up, and informs clients of status based on business priority and urgency.
6. Functions as a technical resource on departmental or organization wide projects. Contributes expertise in his/her assigned area and executes certain deliverables on the project.
7. Works closely within a group of technical and business users in a fast paced, dynamic/team-oriented environment to meet project milestones and objectives.
8. Assists with vendor management on assigned applications. Acts as the technical liaison between users, vendors, and IT.
9. Provides 1st and 2nd level technical support and responds to all application related incidents as appropriate.
10. Installs, tests and communicates system updates/upgrades on assigned applications.
11. Supports third party and in-house applications and manage daily production processes to support business needs.
12. Adheres to the goals and standards set forth by the Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
13. Writes procedures and policies, and records system changes for troubleshooting and auditing.
14. Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to get along with members, co-workers, management and vendors.
15. Keeps abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
16. Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
17. Performs additional duties as required.