Life at Quorum is much more than just a list of cool things.
But we still thought you'd like to see a few.
• Entrepreneurial, collaborative work environment
• True work/life integration
• Growth-oriented company with career opportunities
• Top tier compensation and benefits package
• 401k with company match
• Corporate-wide commitment to training and development
• Leadership committed to transparency and engagement
The Controller is responsible for directing, coordinating, and maintaining a finance and accounting function that properly reflects the financial position of the company. This individual monitors department procedures and recommends improvements, consults
with the senior management team, participates in establishing and implementing major goals and objectives, and serves as a resource in all aspects of finance and accounting.
1. Develops and manages financial reporting, closes books accurately and efficiently, and identifies opportunities to improve processes through automation, standardization, etc.
2. Measures and guides financial performance. This includes driving the budgetary process and ensuring alignment to business objectives as well as analyzing and reporting financial performance metrics to management.
3. Develops and drives the complete budgetary process including the integration of budgets for multiple functional areas. Analyzes budgets for patterns and drivers of errors. Ensures alignment between operating budget and strategic objectives.
4. Creates and presents financial analyses to evaluate business performance such as identifying and reporting on metrics that drive performance against strategic priorities.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of a broad set of accounting principles and techniques, financial analysis, and cost accounting. Supports the business on the accounting treatment of transactions and their impact on financial statements.
6. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
7. Functions as a project manager on departmental and/or organization wide projects. Contributes expertise in his/her assigned area, executes deliverables and ensures that the Project Team completes project deliverables as outlined based on the project scope
and business requirements.
8. Effectively delegates authority, responsibilities, and tasks. Continually manages the accounting team structure to align with business needs and strategic objectives including the identification and development of future potential successors.
9. Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
10. Identifies and implements workflow efficiencies on a continual basis.
11. Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to get along with members, coworkers, management and vendors.
12. Maintains professional, technical and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
13. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls and Banking/Credit Union Regulations.
14. Performs additional duties as required. Scope The Controller works under minimal supervision exercising independent judgment. This person must be action oriented, self-motivated and creative while being highly functional.