Realty Trust Group, LLC (“RTG”), an affiliate of PYA, P.C. is a health care real estate advisory and services firm serving health systems and physician groups. RTG is focused on helping clients reduce costs, create value, and support broader strategic objectives
in the operations of their real estate portfolios through an extensive, integrative service platform including Advisory, Operations, Capital Projects and Transaction services. Formed in 1998, RTG has offices in Knoxville, TN, Johnson City, TN, Greensboro,
NC, and Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit our website at www.realtytrustgroup.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Property Accountant is responsible for creating and maintaining the integrity of the financial statements and other financial documents for various properties. Property Accountant reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Prepare Monthly Financial Reports.
· Process property month-end closes.
· Initiate the preparation of Annual Operating & Capital Budgets and send to Property Management for input.
· Upload budget templates into the Yardi software system.
· Ensure accuracy of all general ledger information including supporting backup for balance sheet accounts.
· Monthly review Balance Sheets and Income Statements per property to verify account balances and assess reasonableness of revenue and expense amounts.
· Assists in the preparation of monthly and/or annual recoverable charges reconciliation.
· Prepare 1099’s for vendors and submit to IRS by deadlines.
· Maintain a master listing of property taxes and ensure accurate payment of all property taxes for portfolio. Maintain all additional tenant charges including monthly CAM, parking fees, TI Overage and promissory notes.
· Responsible for the setup of all property data in the Yardi system. Record month end journal entries for each property including any accruals needed.
· Maintain all records on either cash or accrual basis per property.
· Oversee the maintenance of vendor records including W9 and COI’s as needed.
· Oversee accurate input of vendor invoices and weekly payment processing.
· Responsible for accurately posting all tenant payments via lockbox and/or bank deposits.
· Monthly review accounts receivable aging reports and send notification to tenants with delinquent balances.
· Oversee the tenant bill back process for excess utility charges as well as vendor invoices paid on behalf of the tenant such as plumbing, HVAC, etc.
· Must work well together and in a professional team environment.
· Strong communicator.
· Detail oriented.
· Problem solver.
· Able to accept constructive criticism.
· Timely decision-maker.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance is required.
· Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in commercial real estate, property management, facilities management, or equivalent.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Knowledge with property management software such as Yardi is required.
ALLOCATION OF TIME:
· Business Client Development – 0%
· Client / Project Work – 90%
· Administrative – 10%
No overnight travel required.
RTG offers a competitive compensation package, including an incentive compensation plan, health, life and long term disability insurance; 401(k) with company matching; and profit sharing.
APPLY ONLINE: www.pyapc.com/careers