Realty Trust Group, LLC (“RTG”) is a health care real estate advisory and services firm serving health systems and physician groups. RTG is focused on helping clients reduce costs, create value, and support broader strategic objectives in the operations of
their real estate portfolios through an extensive, integrative service platform including Advisory, Operations, Capital Projects and Transaction services. Formed in 1998, RTG has offices in Knoxville, TN, Atlanta, GA and Johnson City, TN and Greensboro, NC.
For more information, please visit RTG’s website at www.realtytrustgroup.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate provides project leadership for various client engagements involving Strategic Real Estate Planning Initiatives, Portfolio Optimization and Monetization, Project Feasibility/Financing/Development, Financial Modeling and Advisory,
and Real Estate Transactions/Fair Market Value Analyses. The RTG – Johnson City office will have a strong emphasis on sales and leasing leadership in the sale of property, lease retention, and new leasing services for the assigned real estate properties, with
a strong emphasis on building strong, positive, and long-term relationships with owners, landlords, tenants, and third-party vendors servicing the assigned properties.
Specific responsibilities include:
Sales and Leasing Activities:
•Responsible for interacting and coordinating with various parties involved with the leasing process -- the landlord, the tenant, third-party vendors providing services to the leased premises, outside counsel, fair market value appraisers, property managers,
building engineers, landlord's accounting staff, and landlord's administration.
• Develop and implement marketing strategies across the portfolio, including marketing collateral, floor plan database, and leasing templates.
• Interface with current tenants and prospects to successfully define the parameters, lease terms, and limitations surrounding a possible lease.
• Coordinate with hospital administration on department expansions, relocations, and temporary occupancy within the portfolio.
• Maintain working knowledge of template lease document and coordinate lease negotiation documents such as Letters of Intent ("LOI's"), and other correspondence in an efficient, professional, and timely manner.
• Coordinate with outside counsel for the creation, modification, and approval of all legally binding documentation.
• Monitor and maintain market data and statistics for competitive medical and general office properties.
• Actively maintain relationships within the medical office and commercial broker community to secure new prospects and gather market intelligence. • Maintain and support development of RTG leasing policies, procedures, and protocols for the portfolio.
• Maintain familiarity with the applicable healthcare regulations, such as the Stark Law and the Anti-Kickback statute, as they pertain to leasing arrangements between physicians and health systems.
Advisory / Other Service Lines:
•Support client executive(s) with overall project support, financial analysis review, market research, client proposals, and project deliverables.
• Interface with the client as needed to advance the project goals and objectives.
• Provide reviewed technical advice and client deliverables over all company service lines as appropriate.
• Serve in appropriate engagement management roles.
• Oversees analysts' work on specific engagements, including responsibility for quality control and staff development.
• Provides valued input into strategic issues and tactical decisions of the company.
•Excellent people, quantitative and analytical skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a professional team environment.
• Strong communicator.
• Detail oriented.
• Team player and a leader.
• Problem solver.
• Able to accept constructive criticism.
• Timely decision-maker.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Healthcare, or Engineering, or related field is required. MBA, or similar graduate degree, is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of healthcare real estate or relevant consulting experience is required.
• Competence with various software programs, including Microsoft Office, Excel, ARGUS, and Yardi.
ALLOCATION OF TIME:
•Business Client Development – 10%
• Client / Project Work – 80%
• Administrative – 10%
•Overnight travel required up to 25%.
APPLY ONLINE: www.pyapc.com/careers