ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Courier Assistant will distribute intra-system packages and documents for the Credit Union.
Will pick up documents and packages from branches and other offices and deliver to their final destinations within a common geographic area. Provides administrative support to all levels of the Credit Union. Receives goods and ensures supplies are stocked
and that invoices are properly filed. Will help to maintain the general needs of the Credit Union.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily handling, routing, coordination and distribution of Credit Union documents, financial, legal and monetary instruments between the main office buildings,
outlying branches and other organizations as necessary. Provides high-quality liaison service for the Credit Union
- Move sensitive, essential documentation between various locations on schedule. Able to quickly develop an alternative schedule or plan in the event of any priority change
- Provides information to customers regarding items such as schedules, the correct procedure to handle various transactions and movement of documents between locations
- Provide additional security by inspection of incoming mail and packages
- Accurately sort, process and deliver correspondence
- Deliver UPS, Fed Ex, Print Material and Misc. supplies
- Assist specialist in procuring requested daily branch supplies
- Manage/control mail receipts
- Be cognizant of US Postal, FedEx, and UPS pricing and procedures
- Be able to utilize shipping technologies and operate various types of document tracking and processing equipment
- Adhere to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations and all related Credit Union policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain a Federal Top Secret
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of basic computer skills, able to develop and maintain a database. Proficient with a word processing application and familiar with internet purchasing protocol.
Environment is varied. A normal office space is provided but the work involves frequent walking throughout two buildings, a parking garage and trips to other branch offices.
The physical demands described are representative of what must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While most work will be at a desk the candidate must be able to lift, carry and walk good distances indoors and outdoors in
every season. Work involves the handling and moving of equipment, supplies, courier cases, cartons of paper. Will need to operate a self-powered Pallet Truck and other equipment found in a Receiving Dock area. Must be able to lift and carry items weighting
50 Lbs. Must be an excellent driver with good visual and hearing capability. Should be in good physical condition as some work conditions can be strenuous.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend