||Branch Team Lead
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The primary role of this position is to assist Northwest Federal Credit Union to live out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. One of the primary means to achieve this end is to develop a highly effective team of employees
and develop each employee to their highest potential through coaching and leadership. This position is responsible for ensuring that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service to external members
is to ensure each employee identifies members’ financial needs and suggests appropriate Credit Union solutions.
The Branch Team Lead is responsible for ensuring branch operations comply with Credit Union policy, procedures and banking regulations. They will assist the Branch Manager in achieving and maintaining a satisfactory audit rating or better. They will complete/oversee
all branch audits including required month end audits and monthly Customer Identification Policy (CIP) audits. Branch Team Lead will monitor front line MSR staff in accordance with established banking policies, operational procedures, and security safeguards.
This includes but is not limited to on the spot coaching, suggesting changes to policy and procedures to increase efficiencies, and ensuring all employees are following established guidelines. Branch Team Lead will be the point of contact for all new and revised
policies and procedures. They will ensure in the event of a new procedure or operational change, branch personnel are informed and properly executing the change in compliance with regulations and policy. They will ensure all employees have adequate and current
Branch Team Lead will be responsible for resolving both routine and more complex problems that may involve researching and resolving outages, member discrepancies and errors and resolving escalated member complaints. Branch Team Lead may spend some of their
time processing transactions, opening accounts or assisting in any area of the branch as needed. Branch Team Lead will report directly to the Branch Manager but will have a dotted line manager with the VP of Branch Operations and the Business Control Manager
regarding compliance, policy, procedures and branch audits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must include the following and you may include any additional:
- Deliver outstanding service that delivers on our Service Promises.
- Meet or exceed the service goals for the position.
- Knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services.
- Complete BVS classes as assigned.
- Maintain department policy and procedure documentation accordingly.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to NWFCU policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Manage daily branch operations in coordination with the branch management team.
- Ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, safe deposit box, preventing fraud and protecting member assets.
- Maintain & schedule service for equipment, combo changes, key replacements, etc.
- Ensure branch personnel has adequate and current compliance training and that the branch maintains a satisfactory audit rating or better.
- Adhere to all procedures stated in the Credit Union’s MSR policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast on Credit Union operations/procedures and all pertinent bank regulations, including but not limited to Reg. DD, Reg. CC, Bank Secrecy Act, NCUA insurance provisions and Reg. Z.
- Actively lead, participate and contribute during branch meetings and the Member Banking Team Sales Calls as needed.
- Positively demonstrate teamwork by proactively assisting other branch colleagues with more complex transactions as needed.
- Complete projects as assigned.
- Accurately and efficiently process a variety of Retail and Commercial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments and check cashing.
- Open accounts, perform account maintenance and other platform duties as required.
- Maintain a professional manner to build member confidence and trust.
- As a motivated team player, support branch in achieving its member retention, acquisition and growth goals.
- Achieve assigned sales goals by proactively identifying opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of “The Member Advantage” program.
- Achieve personal sales goals (including Investment/Insurance/Loan) by providing a needs-based approach to selling financial solutions to our members.
- Proactively reach out to existing members, as well as participate in branch sales promotions and campaigns.
- Process loan (consumer, automobile, mortgage) applications. Understand member needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining loan approval and acceptable risk according to NWFCU Lending Policy and underwriting guidelines.
- Determines which products best meet the member’s needs and financial circumstances and advise potential borrowers regarding the benefits of different financial products and the most appropriate loan options.
- Act as Assistant Treasurer and performs Notary and Signature Guarantee duties.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Support the Branch Manager with all aspects of branch operations, including loss control, compliance and audit standards.
- Provide oversight on all operational activities including transaction accuracy , branch audits and execution of operational leadership tasks.
- Ensure branch compliance with Credit Union policy, procedures and banking regulations.
- Complete operational functions such as, approving transactions, cash control, branch security, audits and internal controls.
- Maintains branch security controls, and upholds appearance and maintenance standards. Minimizes branch losses and risk or exposure to losses.
- Open and close the branch under dual control and/or operating the branch in the absence of management.
- Respond and report service incidents and their positive resolution.
- Act as Assistant Treasurer in the absence of management including Signature Guarantees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in operations, transaction accuracy, and MSR referrals.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and member relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to follow through on details to completion.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Regulations required by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA) and of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ability to work under time constraints.
- Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional member service.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy with both internal and external members.
- Required to interact with members in an open face work environment.
- On an as needed basis, may be responsible for overall branch operation in the management teams absence.
Ideal Qualifcations Preferred
- In depth knowledge of NWFCU, Federal and State Credit Union/ Banking Regulations
- Consumer Underwriting and Credit Report knowledge
- NMLS Registration
- Advanced knowledge of state regulations for Safe Deposit Boxes
- Advanced knowledge of Risk Management and Compliance policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, previous financial and service experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, organizational, and problem-solving skills needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or equivalent years of experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a comparable financial institution or more than three years retail service and sales experience.
- Prior supervisor experience desired.
- PC skills include ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Excel and Word, as well is Internet Explorer.
- PC experience to include working knowledge of internet, office software for word, spreadsheets and email.
- Ability to use fax, telephone system, copier and other communication tools.
- Strong knowledge of risk management and loss prevention.
- Language skills require the ability to interpret all requests using effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiently read, write and communicate in English; bilingual desired but not required.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with individuals in difficult situations or resolving member concerns.
- Mathematical skills include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and effectively use a 10 key calculator.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Possess a high degree of accuracy performing basic mathematical calculations.
- May be required to count large amounts of currency.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
- Ability to influence branch profitability.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Interpret, understand, and explain NWFCU deposit and non-deposit products and features to potential members.
- Exercise sound judgment, logic and initiative while maintaining member confidentiality and demonstrating integrity.
- Resolves situations pertaining to policies, procedures and personnel issues.
- Research and analyze account data to effectively resolve account problems.
- Requires knowledge of credit reports.
- Ability to function in a financial institution and/or branch environment and utilize standard office equipment, including but not limited to PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
- Utilize a calculator.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, kneel, crouch, stoop, hear and talk.
- Raise, lower, or transport an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling) to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Travel to other branches may be required.
All positions require U.S. citizenship and a Federal Government Security Clearance. Those with an active security clearance are encouraged to apply; Northwest Federal will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. Further, all applicants must
pass drug test, bondability requirements and will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine eligibility for employment with Northwest Federal.
Necessary accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend