Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Submitted Applications
SF VA Medical Center
We are seeking a full-time statistician to join an active research program focused on using “big data” to construct cohorts and answer clinically relevant questions in the public health field. Individuals with a background in epidemiology, statistics, health services research or related field are welcome to apply to join a general medicine/public health focused research program based in the San Francisco VA. This job involves working directly with UCSF/ SFVA Faculty.
Current studies include:
1) Mimicking a clinical trial using national VA and Medicare data
2) Examining the role of social determinants of health on outcomes
3) A new area of research for the lab includes examining the association of cannabis use with health outcomes (see https://phprg.ucsf.edu/), and examining public opinion on beliefs and attitudes towards cannabis use.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing analysis plans, performing and interpreting statistical analyses, and contributing to research publications and presentations.
• Data extraction and data cleaning to create analytic datasets
• Conduct statistical analyses
• Contribute to research publications and presentations
• Team work
Opportunities for skill development and career enhancement are available as part of this position.
• MS in biostatistics, epidemiology, data science or related field
• At least 2 years prior experience in the analysis of clinical data with experience in large database analyses
• Experience in programming and cleaning data
• Proficient in SAS, Stata or R
• Proficient in SQL
• Experience with a wide range of statistical methods including multivariable linear and logistic regression, GEE and linear mixed models, survival analysis, propensity score methods, multiple imputation, marginal structural modeling and meta-analysis.
• Strong computer skills and ability to apply study-specific software
• Ability to work with text data a plus
• Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication, and organizational skills
• Able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Send This Job to a Friend
Support Our Mission
Careers at NCIRE
Resources for Veterans
How NCIRE Helps Veterans
How You Can Help
NCIRE is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.