Job Details

Apply Online
Send This Job to a Friend
Apply Online
Send This Job to a Friend

Requisition Number 17-0007
Post Date 5/5/2017
Title National Accounts Manager - Animal Nutrition (Idaho)
City Home Based
State ID
Description

Milk Specialties Global is comprised of three business units that share a singular focus: to create specialty proteins designed to optimize health and nutrition. But what really sets us apart is the passion and dedication of our people. The company is committed to identifying and recruiting only the highest caliber of talented individuals to join its team of passionate and dedicated employees. It offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.

Milk Specialties Global has an exciting opportunity available for a National Account Manager in Idaho.

The National Account Manager (NAM) has the general responsibility to increase product sales through existing and new customers. The NAM is to generate growth through current channels of distribution as well as explore and develop additional profitable markets. About 60 % of time allocation will be to grow existing major accounts with the remaining 40% devoted to developing and implementing plans of action to earn new business. The goal is that this person will increase sales and margins of current and new customer business by a minimum of 10% every year.

Our National Account Manager Will:

  • Develop and execute plans and prioritized 30-90 day goals to routinely exceed annual sales budget.
  • Identify and routinely meet with key decision-makers and influential sales personnel of major customers and prospects to implement sales plans, including quarterly business reviews, to achieve ongoing market penetration and growth.
  • Focus sales efforts throughout the Milk Specialties market to secure business on large dairies.
  • Identify and routinely meet with key dairy technical influencers including independent and feed company nutritionists, dairy veterinarians and other industry suppliers to develop positive relationships while coordinating closely with the Milk Specialties Technical Team.
  • Present Milk Specialties Global brands, services and people as leaders of the dairy industry.
  • Lead, coordinate and communicate all pertinent customer and prospect information and activity to Milk Specialties Global stakeholders.
  • Direct and support presentation and promotional materials as appropriate to facilitate product sales.
  • Communicate to the Milk Specialties Global Team and Management all competitor activities, new products and industry directions.
  • Coordinate with the Customer Satisfaction Team the resolution of all product and service issues.
  • Requires direct contact with all Milk Specialties Global departments, as well as external contact with customers, influencers and large dairy owners and managers.
  • Manage travel and business expenditures appropriately for optimum cost effectiveness.
  • Perform special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
  • Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Science or Related Field
  • Master’s Degree Preferred
  • Up to 60% travel
  • 5+ years of previous sales experience preferred in the feed or dairy industry.
  • Excellent communication and relationship –building skills.
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
  • Solid understanding of the sales process.
Apply On-line
Send This Job to a Friend

An Equal Opportunity Employer