This position is located at our Bienville House (BH) Hotel.
The BH - Room Attendant is responsible for ensuring the Bienville House is maintained to the highest presentation by ensuring the guest rooms and public areas are cleaned and linens are restocked.
To perform the BH - Room Attendant postion successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Follow detailed worksheet for each room cleaning
• Provide information on any missing items to the manager
• Daily maintenance of hot tubs
• Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them
• Change bedding and make beds as directed
• Stock cabin food supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, etc.) as needed
• Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies and bathroom items
• Gather and empty trash
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
• Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees
• Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment
• Move and arrange furniture and turn mattresses
• Make adjustments to heating, cooling and ventilating system
• Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
• Deliver any items requested by guests to their rooms
• Observe precautions required to protect the hotel and guest property and report damage, theft and found articles to supervisors
• Carry linens, towels, toilet items and cleaning supplies using wheeled carts or by hand as needed
• Other duties as assigned