This is an On-Call, flexible position.
The individual selected for the Banquet Casual Waitstaff position interacts with our guests and ensures they have a great experience when dining and meeting at the hotel.
Banquet Casual Waitstaff are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
At all times, the Banquet Casual Waitstaff is expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
To perform the Banquet Casual Waitstaff position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Banquet Casual Waitstaff position are as follow:
• Review Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s) at the beginning of each shift to ensure room are set as contracted; confirm and setup A/V equipment needs to contract for the event
• Prepare rooms for use; adjusting lights, sound volumes and temperature as needed for before guests arrive
• Assist in ensuring that the events are on time; make adjustments as needed and relay that information to the appropriate co-associates
• Pass any information that is needed to the next co-associate team member on duty
• Ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all A/V and meeting room equipment
• Ensure there is proper back up in the event that any equipment is not properly functioning
• Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all banquet areas
• Communicate any areas of need, problems and/or concerns from guest to Director of Banquet or Banquet Supervisor
• If no upcoming events, has a room in a readiness position for any possible site inspections
• Ensure that meeting rooms are re-set for next event contract if it is within one day of previous event
• Provide all group guests with a lasting experience of the hotel with intent for return business
• Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses
• Deliver alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for service to customers’ table
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
• Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by Banquet Supervisor
• Greet all guests and owners warmly with an appropriate greeting
• Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
• Understand and can communicate products and services available at the hotel
• Other duties as assigned