||Goldrich Kest is currently in need of a Head Cook for our Senior Living Facility.
• Plan and prepare meals, order food supplies (shop for special values)
• Schedule kitchen and dining room staff, train and supervise
• Maintain inventory of usable and unusable dishes, flatware, glasses, etc.
• Plan menu with dietitian making sure that all nutritional requirements are met
• Plan and prepare special diets
• Monitor staff to insure that all persons are clean in appearance, has a clean apron and is wearing a hair net
• Train and supervise dishwasher and instruct in food prep
• Report any equipment problem (i.e. freezers, slicers, etc.) to Administrator
• Maintain production schedule to insure that meals are served on time
• Report to Administrator weekly to discuss menu changes and upgrades as well report any residents that are not eating properly
• Keep kitchen work are clean and neat and address any safety issues
• Complete any other task assigned by the Administrator
||• Certification and/or College Degree in Culinary Arts.
• Minimum three (3) years experience as a Chef or Kitchen Manager .
• Two (2) years supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling.
• Current Food Services Sanitation certificate.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities, delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests.
• Written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
• Competent in organizational, time management skills.
• Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours.
||Send This Job to a Friend