Under the supervision of the Community Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting all operations of the apartment community, managing to company objectives and operating budget, with the primary objectives of increasing net operating
income of the community, maintaining the physical asset, and providing a quality living environment for residents. Establishes a positive, productive working relationship with the community team members.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
• Define all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with owner’s expectations.
• Maintain high occupancy levels by helping the Community Manager maintain a viable waiting list and preparing lease files for move-in, in compliance with all applicable regulations and GK policy.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state agency requirements including, but not limited to HUD Multifamily programs, HOME, Bond, Tenant Selection Plan requirements (i.e. Fair Housing and Occupancy compliance).
• Support quality control by ensuring accurate data on waitlist applicants, assign units in the order provided by the waitlist, and ensure all transactions are accurately completed in Onesite using GK policy and procedures.
• Respond to resident complaints and work with Community Manager to provide resolutions.
• Assist with preparing lease documents. Verify compliance with lease files, accurate completion of applications, income verifications, asset verifications, and other related paperwork.
• Consistently inspect community and assess condition, including market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Inspect for any potential liabilities and immediately report.
• Ensure move-in’s are completed in 5 days accordance with GK policy.
• Adhere to all accounting and reporting procedures required by GK Management.
• Monitor community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and with local ordinance and laws related to company or community specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair, and consistent administration of all legal
and company policies and practices.
• Respond to all reasonable accommodations in accordance to GK policy.
• Assist in rent collection and expense control.
• Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team members.
• Assist in processing and completing annual and interim HUD recertification’s on schedule ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Assist with the completion of MOR reviews.
• Assist with annual unit inspections and helps to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
• Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community, including submitting incident reports in a timely manner.
• Make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
• Assist Community Manager to reinforce company objectives and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment prevention.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
• Knowledge of Fair Housing and Tenant Landlord laws, and HUD policies. Stay up to date on all changes.
• Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, ethnic backgrounds, and remain sensitive to issues facing veterans, homeless, disabled, elderly, family, and other diverse populations.
• Proven professional verbal and written communication skills in exchanging information with residents, corporate, and site team members.
• Demonstrate knowledge of demographic surrounding communities.
• Possess professional, friendly telephone and greeting skills. Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and customer relation skills, internal and external.
• Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to exercise initiative and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Demonstrate high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Programs, Internet and e-mail. Must have prior property management software knowledge.
||Send This Job to a Friend