||Marina Del Rey
Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for all operations of the apartment community. The selected individual will manage the community and operating budget, in accordance with company objectives and with the primary
objective of increasing net operating income of the community. The Community Manager will maintain the physical asset and provide a quality of living environment for residents. In this position, the selected individual will manage employees by establishing
a positive, productive working relationship with the community team members.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
• Define all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with owner’s expectations.
• Oversee rent collection and expense control.
• Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team members.
• Effectively communicate company objectives to staff through training and delegation. Follow up with team members to ensure all objectives are met.
• Maintain high occupancy level through effective team motivation, keeping informed of market conditions, understanding competitive pricing and utilizing appropriate marketing resources.
• Support the marketing functions by recording accurate data on prospects and new residents, and by staying informed of competitors.
• Responsible for leasing, sales goals and overall performance of the community.
• Prepare lease documents and related paperwork. Verify compliance with lease files, accurate completion of applications and all other paperwork related to leasing.
• Consistently inspect community and assess condition, including market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Inspect for any potential liability and immediately report.
• Monitor expense to budget, utility expense, preparation of move out statements within 21 days of move out and accuracy of payroll.
• Analyze financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports and participate in the preparation of annual budgets.
• Monitor community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and compliance with local ordinance and laws as they relate to company or community specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair and consistent administration
of all legal and company policies and practices.
• Monitor 3rd party billing for utility collections to ensure timely collections.
• Serve as community representative for all court proceedings including evictions and small claims cases.
• Shop and be familiar with comps in sub-market. Review and verify monthly market survey.
• Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community including “evening” lighting audits.
• Work to make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
• Participate, support and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment prevention.
• Position has full supervisory responsibility for several employees, including performance counseling, weekly status updates, regular meetings, and community visits.
• Other supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work, reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving
• Makes evident importance of each role with the team, while also making tough decisions and handles interoffice issues effectively.
• Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
• Exhibits the 3E’s (Energy, Excitement, & Enthusiasm) that will provide high quality services to residents, tenants, clients, community, colleagues, and industry partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
• Knowledge of Fair Housing and Tenant Landlord laws. Stay up to date on all changes of Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant Laws.
• Proven professional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials. Ability to communicate clearly with residents, corporate and site team members.
• Ability to effectively present information to residents, corporate and site team members. Demonstrate knowledge of demographic surrounding communities. Must be self-motivated and a positive team member with effective communication and customer relation skills.
• Possess professional, friendly telephone and greeting skills. Demonstrated experience in customer service, external and internal.
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of the Internet and Internet searches. Must have computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs, Internet and e-mail at a highly proficient level. Must have prior property
management software knowledge
||Send This Job to a Friend