||Under the supervision of the Regional Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for all operations of the apartment community. The selected individual will manage the community and operating budget, in accordance with company objectives and with the
primary objective of increasing net operating income of the community. The Community Manager will maintain the physical asset and provide a quality of living environment for residents. In this position, the selected individual will manage employees by establishing
a positive, productive working relationship with the community team members.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in
this job description.
• Define all community objectives to optimize asset efficiency and achieve performance goals set in accordance with owner’s expectations.
• Oversee rent collection and expense control. Monitor and support monthly collection of HAP payments from HUD as needed.
• Promote a positive, growth-oriented environment for team members.
• Maintain high occupancy level through effective team motivation, keeping informed of market conditions, understanding competitive pricing, maintains waiting list in compliance with all applicable regulations and GK policy.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and monitoring federal and state agency requirements including, but not limited to HUD Multifamily programs, HOME, and Bond.
• Process and complete annual and interim HUD recertification’s on schedule ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Assist with the completion of MOR reviews.
• Support quality control by recording accurate data on waitlist applicants, properly assigns units in the order provided by the Waitlist, and ensure all transactions are accurately completed in Onesite using procedures set forth by GK policy.
• Responsible for leasing, sales goals, Hopper file management, and overall performance of the community.
• Implements and oversees compliance with regulatory agency policies and Tenant Selection Plan requirements (i.e. Fair Housing and Occupancy compliance).
• Effectively communicate company objectives to staff through training and delegation. Follow up with team members to ensure all objectives are met.
• Responds to resident complaints or grievances and provides problem resolution assistance.
• Prepare lease documents and related paperwork. Verify compliance with lease files, accurate completion of applications, income verifications, asset verifications, and all other paperwork related to leasing.
• Consistently inspect community and assess condition, including market window, units, common areas, leasing office and grounds. Inspect for any potential liability and immediately report.
• Perform annual unit inspections and repair deficiencies in a timely manner. Ensures the property is maintained physically to meet the standards set by REAC, HUD, GK Management, federal and state agencies.
• Monitor expense to budget, utility expense, preparation of move out statements within 5 days of move out and accuracy of payroll.
• Ensure turnover of vacant units in 5 days accordance with GK policy.
• Adheres to all accounting and reporting procedures required by GK Management.
• Analyze financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports, vacancy turn around report, EIV, and participate in the preparation of annual budgets.
• Monitor community compliance with all Fair Housing regulations and compliance with local ordinance and laws as they relate to company or community specific guidelines in occupancy standards, demonstrating at all times firm, fair, and consistent administration
of all legal and company polices and practices.
• Respond to all reasonable accommodations in accordance to GK policy.
• Serves as community representative for all court proceedings including evictions and small claims cases.
• Shop and be familiar with comps in sub-market. Review and verify monthly market survey.
• Monitor and implement rent increases, utility changes, and HAP contract renewals.
• Responsible for performance of safety and risk management functions of the community including “evening” lighting audits. Accurately update Property Profile.
• Work to make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
• Participate, support and encourage team participation in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination and harassment prevention.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Position has full supervisory responsibility for several employees, including performance counseling, weekly status updates, regular meetings, and community visits.
• Exhibits the 3E’s (Energy, Excitement, & Enthusiasm) that will provide high quality services to residents, tenants, clients, community, colleagues, and industry partners
• Creates a productive and inclusive work environment where the team is excited
• Makes evident importance of each role with the team. Prioritizes team tasks appropriately The ability to make tough decisions and handles interoffice issues effectively
• Encourages creative problem solving. Identifies strengths of each team member and actively generates and supports individual career development and acknowledges individual and team accomplishments
• Ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Applicable supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees, planning, assigning and directing work,
reviewing performance, appraising/disciplining employees when necessary, addressing complaints and questions and resolving problems
||Send This Job to a Friend