Reporting to, and working under the direction of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Recruiting Manager supports the full life cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels in the corporate office and multi-family apartment
communities throughout the Northern and Southern California region.
As an energetic team player, the Recruiting Manager will be responsible for developing, planning, and implementing a comprehensive recruitment and onboarding program to align with GK’s values and standards of service excellence. In addition to timely and thorough
communication with management, the Recruiting Manager will partner with HR leadership to recruit people who are team players and great communicators, technically proficient, problem solvers, and proven property management professionals.
• The Corporate Recruiting Manager will develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent for the corporate office and multi-family apartment communities. Develop innovative recruitment practices to attract, identify and recruit the
level of talent needed to deliver exceptional customer service to our clients, colleagues, and the community.
• Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring managers and executives to maximize effectiveness of recruiting process. Build cross-functional relationships, as well as collaborate with hiring managers to ensure job requirements and expectations are
clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
• Create and/or update job descriptions and job specifications with input from HR management, hiring managers, and/or executive leadership.
• Posts available positions on career sites and on the company’s website and extranet. Determine additional recruiting sources, such as web-based recruitment tools, social media, job boards, trade schools and universities, and professional and community associations.
• Engage and build relationships with agencies and recruiters that specialize in GK’s business sector/industry to fill short-term, temporary, and full-time regular positions.
• Contact prospective candidates about open positions and conduct timely interviews. Assess candidates to determine their fit for the position.
• Provide regular follow-up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness throughout the recruitment, selection, pre- and post-employment, and onboarding process.
• Explains job requirements, duties, responsibilities, compensation, and job benefits of open positions.
• Assist the Sr. Director and Assistant Director of HR in assessing the recruiting process, identifying improvement opportunities and participate in improvement initiatives.
• Oversee and maintain Recruiting module in UltiPro ensuring that all positions are posted within one business day of notification.
• Schedule recurring bi-weekly recruitment meetings.
• Provide weekly Open Positions and Leave of Absence status report to President, COO, VP’s of Property Management, and HR. Maintain all supporting records and data, including applicant flow and turnover statistics for EEOC reporting.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Materials and Equipment
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials.
||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be highly experienced, have a strong work ethic and property management and/or apartment industry experience.
• Knowledge of basic employment laws as they relate to equal opportunity, The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA), minimum wage laws, pre- and post-hire background and drug screening requirements.
• Market Intelligence. Knows the external factors that impact the supply of top talent, understands the competitive position of the company and has knowledge of salary levels, supply and candidate requirements for different job categories.
• Sales and Service Orientation. Commits to quality conversations, responds quickly to questions, goes the extra step to please clients and candidates.
• Relationship Builder. Takes a genuine interest in people, listens well, and enjoys linking people up to opportunities.
• Passion. Ardently believes in the value great recruiting brings to the organization, enjoys helping people achieve their goals, and is committed to integrity and the ethics of the profession.
Minimum Qualifications Required
• Minimum of 5+ years of staffing/recruitment experience required; strong understanding and ability to recruit in all levels of the organization from entry level to executive positions.
• Some college/college degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field, highly preferred.
• Positive and professional demeanor. Excellent inter-personal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and team-based projects experience.
• Clear understanding of the end-to-end recruitment life cycle processes.
• Must have experience in mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources.
• Experienced in using HCM recruitment and onboarding solutions; preferably, UltiPro or similar systems such as ADP, PayChex, or Ceridian.
||Send This Job to a Friend