• Performs preventative maintenance plant equipment as required by the PM schedule, including lubrication and cleaning.
• Responds to machinery breakdowns in a manner to minimize downtime and performs minor repairs on plant equipment. Repairs or replaces defective parts using hand and power tools, as required.
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance on HVAC systems and other building equipment as required by the PM schedule.
• Assists the other mechanics, as required, with major repairs.
• Works with outside contractors, as required, to accomplish maintenance and project needs, especially regarding building equipment and plant utilities.
• Establishes and updates needs and methods for preventive maintenance on all equipment.
• Maintains adequate inventories of required spare parts, requesting replacement parts as needed.
• Operates snow removal and salt-spreading equipment and participates in other activities for safety of building access and grounds.
• Maintains compliance with all GMP, 5S and Safety polices
• Participates in TQM Improvement Activities
• Completes and documents all Work Orders in a timely manner
• Uses Maintenance Software to enter new work orders and to record completed work orders
• Works in a safe, courteous and effective manner at all times.
• Add in the changeover of some production equipment
• May be needed to assist the training of operators on minor maintenance activity /
Some metal fabrication will be a benefit
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Mechanical skills to diagnose problems, install, maintain, repair and overhaul equipment to meet plant needs
• Skilled in multiple crafts with sufficient skills in carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC to routine building maintenance
• Need to understand that scheduled hours may need to coverage potential changes in production schedule to a acuminate customers needs
• Experience with computers and data entry to operate preventive maintenance software
• Ability to move around the plant and to stand for up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to bend, kneel, crouch, climb stairs and ladders to reach machinery and building systems
• Sufficient dexterity to use hand tools and power tools.
• Ability to work outdoors periodically.
• Communication skills to diagnose problems and maintain working relationships with machine operators
• Demonstrated professionalism to be a good example to plant associates