||Human Resources Generalist
||The human resources generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting the Talent, Organization and Performance function. This position carries out responsibilities
in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, new hire orientation, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, EEO and employment law compliance.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company, particularly relating to educating managers, supervisors and associates about company policy and practices.
· Engages with associates in a way that demonstrates a customer service orientation. Consistently demonstrates a willingness to listen, a commitment to follow up with coworkers, company retirees and others as necessary, and an appreciation for how each associate
interaction shapes perceptions of the HR function
· Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
· Assists HR Manager in managing employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
· Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary. Participates in Compensation market surveys
· Understanding of and participation in 5S, Kaizen and Lean principles, environments and related workplace and productivity improvement concepts
· Performs benefits administration including—
o Administer benefit plans to new associates, enroll, process applications, manage inquiries, track activities, check with other parties, maintain records, follow-up.
o Claims resolution, change reporting, processing invoices, communicating benefits information to employees. Manage disability cases from application to coordinating communication, approvals, pay statuses, required updates etc.
o Track data such as activities, results and expenditures in spreadsheets, such as leaves-of-absence, compensation treatment, benefits participation etc.
o Compose and prepare correspondence to associates, alerting them of leave-of-absence status and other benefits programs, and required regulatory disclosures.
o Coordinate official regulatory filings such as 5500’s, Medicare’s Retiree Drug Subsidy Program, Affordable Care Act 1094/1095, medical premium reporting on W-2, I-9’s etc.
o Coordinate contacts with associates and benefits vendors; answer associates’ questions about benefits programs such as medical, dental, PTO, life insurance, disability, 401K and pension. Maintain data in vendor databases ensuring timely and accurate coverage.
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and
· Maintain HR Data-of-record in our HRIS system, training database, UltiPro and in paper personnel files. Responsible for the integrity of the data Compile data and prepare periodic reports and other HR KPI’s.
· Maintain highly confidential associate personnel files and benefits files containing private health information.
· 3-5 years’ broad generalist HR experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred or combination of education and experience
· PHR, SPHR Preferred. Knowledge of state and federal employment law.
· CEBS or strong benefits administration background preferred
· Proficiency with MS office products.
· Experience with database administration, UltiPro preferred.
25%-50% travel between locations is expected for this position. Distance is less than 10 miles.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.