||Research & Development
Gas Technology Institute (GTI), the nation’s leading research, development, deployment (RD&D), and training organization serving energy markets, has an opportunity for an experienced engineer in our Building Energy Efficiency area, within the Delivery &
Utilization Research Group. The qualified candidate will receive assignments as a project engineer and as a project manager and will manage, maintain, and lead efforts focused on bringing new residential and commercial gas-fired technologies to the natural
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for performing, and leading applied research, consistently managing projects by developing sound project plans, maintaining schedules and budgets, and producing quality deliverables.
- The work covers a wide range of technical research including but not limited to all aspects of R&D engineering from initial studies and concept development, through design, instrumentation, testing and analysis, and technology deployment.
- This position is also responsible for proposal writing, being a liaison between researchers and sponsors, and engaging in technical report writing.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong fundamental knowledge in areas such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, energy conversion, combustion, and psychrometrics
- Knowledgeable of building energy systems (HVAC, hot water, power, building envelope) and related codes & standards will be beneficial
- Independently conceive, plan and conduct research with an ability to provide timely, professional results with little or no supervision
- Ability to assess feasibility and soundness of experimental approaches, techniques, or equipment
- Ability to develop and design technology solutions from conceptual to prototype stage, including experimental and field evaluations,
- Work with current and prospective clients to understand their needs, and identify new technical and/or business areas of activity,
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to technology/product development and research teams,
- Capable of managing multiple projects effectively and efficiently with ability to meet project milestones and keep internal/external project teams on track,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing technical proposals, reports, and presentations, and
- Potential for travel for industry events, customer site visits, or pilot implementations
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or related Engineering discipline; Relevant Industry Certifications are a plus (Licensed Professional Engineer, LEED AP, CEM, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience
- Prior work experience in the energy industry (experimental and field research experience a plus)
- Experience with program/project management and multidiscipline engineering experience preferred
You must have legal authorization to work for Gas Technology Institute on your date of hire with no further action required by Gas Technology Institute. Gas Technology Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, minority/female/disability/veteran.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend