||Each staff member should maintain positive, supportive, and cooperative attitude with our clients, staff and management of Environmental Science.
1. Under general supervision of the senior chemist, or other designated supervisor, perform analytical procedures.
2. Perform required maintenance of laboratory equipment assigned to the section.
3. Practice appropriate quality control procedures as specified in the quality assurance manual.
4. Maintain working knowledge of analytical methods and procedures and company policies.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Excellent communication skills
2. The ability to work in a team environment as well as an individual.
3. Basic understanding of chemistry.
4. Ability to work overtime as needed.
5. Dependability and regular attendance required.
||Minimum Education and experience:
B.S. in chemistry, biology, environmental science or related field desired but not required. Experience may be substituted for degree
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stand on feet up to 10 hours; Lift up to 50 lbs.; Use of both hands--Maintain a steady hand while transferring samples; Hold beaker (2 – 4 in. diameter) in one hand while using pipette with other hand; Ability to tighten lid
(wing nut) with force on concentrator instrument; Ability to remove 3L solvent flask by holding bulb with one hand while unscrewing it with the other hand; Hold sep funnel with one hand while unscrewing cap with the other; Lift sonicator (2” Diameter, 7 –
8 lbs.) with one hand while placing 2 beakers with solvent and samples underneath; ability to use both hands to remove concentrator (Buchi) lid (approx. 7 lbs.).
||Send This Job to a Friend