Program Director, Partnership for Learning for all of Nigeria (PLANE)
Education in Conflict Practice Area
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than
25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors
and partners alike.
The Department for International Development (DfID) Partnership for Learning for all in Nigeria (PLANE) program’s proposed impact is “more children and young people acquire knowledge and skills that enhance their life chances,” and the proposed outcome is
that “state and non-state basic education systems deliver better quality learning for children, including for marginalized groups.”
It will tentatively focus on Kaduna, Kano, Borno and Yobe states while providing support to the federal government.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the program as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the program in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Director reports to the Project Director based in headquarters and supervises several program staff.
- The Program Director provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the program;
- S/he serves as the primary liaison with government counterparts, local authorities, and/or civil society and education sector partners on management and technical matters; and
- S/he will supervise program implementation and ensure the activities meet stated goals and reporting requirements.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in education or another relevant field. PhD is desired;
- At least 10 years of experience in international development;
- At least 5 years of experience in senior management positions;
- Significant experience working with education programs in conflict/crisis affected countries; and
- Fluency in English.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.