Position Location: Dakar, Senegal
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries
with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and
The Equitable Access to Education in Southern Senegal project aims at providing increased equitable access to education to girls and boys aged approximately 9 to 16 living in the crisis-affected Casamance regions (Ziguinchor, Sedhiou, Kolda) and Kedougou
region. It is a five-year project.
Education Specialists will be responsible for overseeing the technical implementation of interventions that support formal basic education, non-formal education, primary-middle school transition supports, community partnerships in education, and the inclusion
of girls, students with disabilities and disadvantaged youth in education. Education Specialists will ensure full technical compliance for their outcomes and results, in line with USAID and Creative’s scope of work and deliverables schedule, as agreed with
the Ministry of National Education in Senegal.
- Work with Chief of Party on component work planning for the portions of the technical work for which they are responsible
- Design program interventions for which they are responsible
- Provide technical inputs in the design of the grants program and grants manual, as appropriate
- Train and accompany Ministry and community-based partners in the implementation of program interventions, so as to build their capacity over time
- Collaborate with the M&E officer to integrate monitoring arrangements into the M&E plan, and to collect and analyze data associated with their areas of responsibility
- Supervise junior staff, who are assigned to work on the technical components, and provide them with regular mentoring and feedback on performance
- Evaluate junior staff on their performance, in compliance with Creative’s HR policies and systems
- Provide regular briefings to USAID and the Ministry of National Education on progress made towards planning goals
- Contribute sections to the project’s quarterly reports on progress, for those technical areas of responsibility
- Initiate procurement requests for program activities, and provide technical reviews and approvals for proposed procurements related to the relevant areas of responsibility
- Integrate ongoing learning into program adaptations, working closely with the COP, USAID and the Ministry of National Education
- Undertake regular communication with project focal points and local teams, and travel throughout the Casamance, as part of regular supervision and oversight
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a Master’s in Education, Social Science and Humanities, or related degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in education management with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in Senegal preferred.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken French, with working knowledge of English.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.