Private Public Sector Alliances Director
Economic Growth Division
Position Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than
25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors
and partners alike.
The purpose of the AgCompete project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships
and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients
to achieve the Missions food security objectives. The project will contribute to the Mission’s overall Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the DCOP, the Director / Private Public Sector Alliances will support the COP and the AgCompete to develop and maintain strong partnerships with the private sector partners, including agroprocessors, cooperatives, etc., financial institutions,
and other private sector organizations in relevant market systems.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with private sector organizations, cooperatives, partners, collaborators and financial institutions;
- Facilitates relationships between value chain actors including smallholders, traders, financial institutions, buyers, processors and agribusiness;
- Organizes and facilitates discussions on agribusiness investment-related policy issues involving representatives of the private and public sector, with a view to reach consensus on improved policies;
- Facilitates high level market linkages to add value to specific value chains. This includes cluster creation with value chain actors from the smallholder field to anchor firm level.
- Responds to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
- Delivers and maintains excellent relationships with critical clients;
- Dynamic representation of Creative before private and public sector clients and critical audiences;
- Achieves component deliverables.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, accounting, finance or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience with a Contractor or international NGO managing an office or program;
- Prior relevant experience with USAID or USAID-funded projects is required;
- At least 5 years of experience in senior role facilitating private sector investments in agribusinesses;
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Prior experience in Nigeria required;
- Excellent oral and written English required.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.