Senior Finance Specialist
Education for Development Division
Position Location: Dakar, Senegal
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries
with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and
The Equitable Access to Education in Southern Senegal project aims to provide increased equitable access to education to girls and boys aged approximately 9 to 16 living in the crisis-affected Casamance regions (Ziguinchor, Sedhiou, Kolda) and Kedougou region.
It is a five-year project.
The Senior Finance Specialist will ensure full financial and contractual compliance of project activities with USAID and Creative’s regulations.
- Working with Creative’s internal auditing system and Financial Comptroller, the Senior Finance Specialist will establish internal control systems as well as accounting and financial reporting protocols for local subcontractors and grantees.
- S/He will supervise activity financial staff and program budget matters, managing accounting and disbursement needs, verifying that procurements comply with USAID and Creative’s financial guidelines, overseeing the training of staff and partner NGOs in
financial systems, ensuring adherence to grants management policies, and assuring timely financial reporting to USAID.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a Masters of Business and/or Public Administration, Masters in Accounting and/or Financial Management, or related degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in financial management of development activities with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing grants in development contexts.
- Experience working in West Africa preferred.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English and French.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.