CRAFTON TULL & ASSOCIATES, INC
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION CONTROL# 2022009
Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
Crafton Tull provides employment and advancement opportunities for all individuals. All employment decisions at Crafton Tull are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans
to apply to all of our job openings. We will not discriminate in employment opportunities or practice on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing,
Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Crafton Tull will make any reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, except where doing so will cause undue hardship. This policy
governs all conditions of employment, including, but not limited to selection, compensation, assignment, benefits, discipline, training, or termination.
Crafton Tull prohibits Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Crafton Tull will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
SUMMARY: Plans, designs and directs, engineering projects such as streets, roads, residential and commercial developments, municipal projects, institutional facilities, industrial facilities, drainage projects, airports, and channels, by performing
the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the CTA Project Management Plan and ensures all who work on assigned projects adhere to the plan.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to create engineering and design documents.
- Calculates cost, determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, and prepares detailed cost estimates.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project.
- Meets with client periodically to coordinate changes, inform client of additional requirements, receive input from the client, answer client questions, and resolve issues.
- Coordinates project activity with appropriate officials, support staff, subcontractors, utilities, and other entities.
- Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction standards.
- Manages each project budget to ensure project stays on track and that company goals and objectives are met.
- Meets with Chief Operating Officer or Chief Financial Officer periodically to review progress and budgets of assigned projects.
- Attends meetings such as City Council meetings, Planning Commission meetings, and inspection meetings to provide/receive information on projects and local requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changing techniques, materials, codes, regulations and software through attendance at seminars, briefings and other forums and maintains professional certification.
- Makes marketing calls to existing and potential customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises the design work of technicians supporting assigned projects. There are no direct supervisory responsibilities for this position.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
- Product/Process Design
- Problem Solving
- Technical Expertise
- Fostering Teamwork
- Written and oral communication
- Personal Credibility
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (BS) from an accredited four-year college or university; and five to eight years related experience/training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Must be certified as a Professional Engineer, (PE). Must be licensed PE in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri or Kansas and be able to obtain license in other states as needed.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the
business community. Ability to write speeches and publication articles that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebraic functions and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database; Design; Internet; Project Management; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid driver license and be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIROMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.