GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Supports the clinics and patient care needs by receiving and triaging patient’s incoming calls and responding to questions and concerns regarding post-operative care, prescriptions refills, and other medical
related questions. Liaise with the clinic staff via phone, email, or phone note to escalate necessary medical related patient issues. Receive and triages calls from hospitals and page providers by following paging protocols. Effectively follows CORE’s standard
operation procedures for all specialties and Triage protocols.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.
- Assists patients in receiving the appropriate level of care including scheduling patient appointments
- Coordinates patient prescription refills, including stat refills and communicates to the appropriate medical assistant by phone or phone note per protocol
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, practice managers, clinical staff and be capable of establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Collect pertain and detail information from the patient to advise medically or to properly direct the information to the provider
- Supports clinics and patients by receiving incoming calls on urgent and immediate patient and post-operative concerns including scheduling and rescheduling the patient
- Receives incoming hospital calls and patients and follows paging protocols to the page providers
- Cross trained in all CORE specialties to provide knowledgeable medical support to assist or direct patients to ensure appropriate patient care
- Facilitates communication between patients and providers to ensure continuity of care
- Verifies and updates all patient demographics in CPS system
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be one of the following – Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
- 2 or more years’ experience in the Medical field. Ortho or Neurology field preferred.
- Must be able to travel between our Sun City West and Peoria Clinic locations.
- Must have current certification or license in one of the following: Emergency Medical Technician or completion of Medical Assistant training
- Compliance with CORE and Contact Center’s attendance policy
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical insurance plans.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information.
- Skill in customer service and an understanding of The CORE code of conduct and culture.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, clinical staff and the public.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA guidelines.
- Ability to provide an empathic communication with patients while conducting themselves in a professional manner.
- Ability to triage patient utilizing critical thinking skills for optimum patient care
||Send This Job to a Friend