The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The CORE Institute
has locations in Arizona, Michigan, and Louisiana, with clinics planned to open in other states, as well as overseas, in the near future. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality
programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
The CORE Institute's fellowship-trained physicians provide specialized care in the areas of surgical, non-surgical and rehabilitative hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle procedures, joint replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy, fracture management, orthopedic
traumatology, hand and wrist procedures, complex articular cartilage restoration, musculoskeletal oncology, foot and ankle reconstruction, physical medicine and rehabilitation, comprehensive spine care, pain management, clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy,
headache and facial pain, neuromuscular medicine, spine and peripheral nerve disease, clinical neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, and general neurology care.
If you would like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a challenging, rewarding environment, this is the place for you!
As The CORE Institute continues to grow, we are currently seeking a Temporary Insurance Follow-up Representative.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for facilitation of patient billing and collection activities, following patient accounts through the billing process to the payor, working with the payor through claims processing, ensuring reimbursement to the practice.
1. Reviews insurance denials and rejections to determine next appropriate action steps and obtain necessary information to resolve any outstanding denials/rejections.
2. Verifies patient demographic information and insurance eligibility including coordination of benefits; updates and confirms as necessary to allow processing of claims to insurance plans.
3. Verifies receipt of claim with insurance plans, determining the next appropriate action step.
4. Researches all information needed to complete billing process including obtaining information from providers, ancillary services staff and patients.
5. Obtains and attaches referrals to appointments/charges.
6. Maintains satisfactory productivity rates and ensures the timeliness of claims reimbursement from insurance payers.
7. Assumes full responsibility of reducing the accounts receivable of insurance balances by working through outstanding accounts.
8. Analyzes accounts for proper claims processing and payment posting through inquiries from patients or staff.
9. Communicates with insurance and collection agencies. Completes daily requests and working through obstacles on account balance to ensure maximum reimbursement.
10. Identifies and communicates trends and/or potential issues to management team.
11. Follows and maintains all CORE Institute policies and procedures, including those specific to billing and the Business Office.
12. The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.