||Director of IT
The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The CORE Institute
has locations in Arizona, Michigan, and Louisiana, with clinics planned to open in other states, as well as overseas, in the near future. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality
programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
The CORE Institute's fellowship-trained physicians provide specialized care in the areas of surgical, non-surgical and rehabilitative hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle procedures, joint replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy, fracture management, orthopedic
traumatology, hand and wrist procedures, complex articular cartilage restoration, musculoskeletal oncology, foot and ankle reconstruction, physical medicine and rehabilitation, comprehensive spine care, pain management, clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy,
headache and facial pain, neuromuscular medicine, spine and peripheral nerve disease, clinical neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, and general neurology care.
If you would like to be part of a dedicated, dynamic healthcare team in a challenging, rewarding environment, this is the place for you!
As The CORE Institute continues to grow, we are currently looking for a Director of IT to join our growing and dynamic team of IT professionals.
The CORE Institutes IT group is responsible for designing, enhancing and maintaining the infrastructure in support of enterprise applications and business requirements.
The Director of IT will provide leadership and overall technical direction to the infrastructure, telecommunications and service/help desk teams while ensuring a highly available and stable environment.
This position will have managers, system administrators, and help desk staff as direct reports and will report directly to the CIO.
1. Leadership of the infrastructure (servers, storage, virtualization, etc.), telecommunications and service/help desk teams.
2. Technical advisor to the CIO and will be expected to stay current on the latest technology trends and innovation.
3. Overall responsibility for all day-to-day activities, monitoring of the infrastructure and ensuring system availability 7x24x365.
4. Identifying and hiring additional managerial and engineering talent necessary to properly staff the IT group.
5. Leadership of strategic and tactical decisions surrounding virtualization, storage, backups, wireless, telecommunications, infrastructure, business continuity and other technical systems as needed.
6. Manage third party vendors and external contract and/or vendor resources as needed.
7. Guidance and leadership in development, deployment, management, and administration of corporate systems.
8. Overall ownership of all issues, ensuring production issues are on a fast path to resolution. (These work efforts may extend beyond the course of the agreed upon work schedule.)
9. Responsibility of availability, capacity, and security of in-house and remote data centers.
10. Oversight of telecommunication services including provisioning, management of data lines, phone lines, Key systems, VoIP as well as cost management of these items.
This is a leadership role that will manage and direct IT staff which includes System Administrators, Computer Services Managers, and help desk.
BS or equivalent degree, with IS specialization
10+ years experience in IT infrastructure design and architecture across multiple distributed computing technologies including server, network and storage technologies.
1. 5+ years experience as a Director of IT with management responsibility of at least 5 or more people.
2. Demonstrated ability to attract and retain superior information technology talent.
Understanding of common network monitoring and diagnostic tools (commercial and open source)
Experience with project management techniques and practical project management skills will be needed. Formal training a plus.
Proven ability to lead managers/supervisors toward both tactical and strategic goals.
6. Solid background in designing, managing and implementing Microsoft Technologies such as SQL, Exchange (replication, OWA, ActiveSync), SharePoint, and Dynamics.
Solid background working with Microsoft server technologies and Active Directory.
VMware and HyperV administration and scaling.
Equally comfortable in hands on technical work and staff management.
Experience with Healthcare IT is a plus.
||Send This Job to a Friend