||Medical Office Scheduler I
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: As a team member of the Patient Access Department, the Scheduler will provide all callers with quality service and a clear line of communication. This position is responsible coordinating aspects of the patient
appointment, including authorizations and insurance verification for multiple facilities Arizona and Michigan. The position requires the presentation of a professional image at all times during physician and patient calls, in accordance with The CORE Institute’s
policy. Schedulers will coordinate with doctors, staff, , patients, and other medical departments while setting appointments over the phone. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and works under
immediate supervision. Customer service skills and phone etiquette are essential for the position.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.
This is a PRN/Pool position. Hours vary based on business needs.
- Schedule clinic appointments including consultations, and follow-up visits, utilizing practice’s CPS/GE Centricity, and the Scheduling Assistant tool. Collect all pertinent demographic, insurance and medical information and enter into CPS.
- Obtain patient demographic information and insurance eligibility; updates and confirms necessary information to allow processing of claims to insurance plans.
- Utilizes templates, scheduling assistant, and referral system to schedule patient appointments.
- Confirm patient is eligible with insurance plan at the time appointment is scheduled.
- Successfully processes referrals through the referral system, contact patients to schedule appointment and import referrals/documents to patients chart
- Answer and resolve all incoming calls and requests in a timely, accurate manner. Communicate with the director and/or supervisor about potential patient concerns. Triage and relay necessary messages to appropriate staff member.
- Facilitate communication with referring providers to ensure patient is prepared for activation upon arrival of their appointment.
- Participates in the daily operations of the processing patient appointment requests as a team, alongside the referral coordinator team members to enhance the patient experience and patient delight.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all health records, member information and meet HIPAA guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports MOS II based on call volume in the specialty pod being trained in.
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in healthcare field is required and previous call center experience is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong customer service orientation are required with strong background with computers and data entry.
- Working knowledge of Centricity Practice Management is a plus.
- Ability to learn and move into MOS 2 position within a required time frame by passing department medical competency tests based on specialty pod.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following specialties: Orthopedics, Neurology, Physical Therapy, Pain Management.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Knowledge of scheduling templates.
- Skill in operating a computer.
- Skill in answering a high volume of telephone calls and utilizing a multi-line telephone system.
- Skill in demonstrating excellent customer service skills in order to maintain high patient satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with providers, patients, employees and the public.
||Send This Job to a Friend