||Manager, Information Governance
This position can be located in our Wilton, CT, Atlanta, GA or Blue Bell, PA offices.
Cotiviti recognizes data as a strategic business asset and a mission-critical resource and is committed to handling both its data and its client’s data responsibly. Cotiviti must maintain and manage data in accordance with regulatory, legal, and business
requirements. Information Governance (IG) is a compliance function with a risk-based approach that provides leadership for the strategic global priorities of the IG Program and is responsible for the governance and oversight of risks related to information
management activities including data retention.
The Information Governance Officer reports to the Director, Information Governance and will assess and identify information governance (IG) and records management risks and consult to lines of business and other key partners to mitigate risks. The Information
Governance Officer will serve as a subject matter expert to internal customers and promote the engagement of all impacted parties to ensure compliance awareness and implementation. The Information Governance Officer will work closely with line of business
IG Liaisons and other key cross-functional partners such as Compliance, Privacy, IT, and Security in the ongoing development of key IG compliance controls. The position will focus heavily on the governance of healthcare-related data.
- Enable and promote the enterprise-wide IG Program, ongoing execution, and continuous improvement.
- Provide expert advice, guidance, technical assistance, and training to support best practices in accordance with established IG policies and procedures.
- Research and analyze business processes for IG compliance vulnerability and risk and propose solutions.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation resource to ensure that IG compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Direct project management activities for IG initiatives across the enterprise and within functions.
- Build and maintain metrics and dashboards to provide insights into IG compliance and issue management.
- Facilitate Information Governance Working Group (IGW) schedule, agendas and minutes.
- Develop, enhance, and promote the use of standardized enterprise-wide IG tools/templates/presentations.
- Facilitate the data destruction approval and documentation process.
- Enable IG policy and procedure development and IG training, communication and awareness activities.
Skills, Experience, and Other Requirements
- BA/BS degree required. Master’s Degree a plus
- Certified Records Manager (CRM) certification preferred. Other relevant certifications a plus.
- 5+ years of IG and/or records management experience required; healthcare experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate processes, determine gaps, and oversee resolution as required.
- Aptitude to produce quality product in a timely manner given sensitivity, visibility and priority of subject.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels and across businesses, functions and teams.
- Ability to work as part of a motivated team, while managing independent responsibilities.
- Capacity to independently plan, execute, and follow-up under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong technical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Sound judgment in the handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Participation in professional development activities such as ARMA International memb
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin,
ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
||Send This Job to a Friend