||Audit Support Assistant
Our Provider Service Specialists (formal title is Audit Support Assistant) are more than just a voice on the phone. They are the face of Cotiviti to the healthcare provider community, and are a very visible contributor to the success of the CCV Audit program
for our clients. This role is responsible for daily communication with providers – through an in-bound call queue, written correspondence, email inquiries, and out-bound calls to answer questions and resolve issues.
The daily objective of our specialists is to deliver a high caliber of quality in all interactions, adhere to established scheduling for phone coverage, and manage other work queues. All functions are prioritized in light of our contractual service level
agreement with our client, and our success is measured as a team.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Become a subject matter expert on all aspects of the Clinical Chart Validation (CCV) processes.
- Be available for incoming calls in a queue-based, call center environment with adherence to established scheduling.
- Handle phone and written interactions within defined quality standards for criterion such as, but not limited to; correct use of grammar and spelling, professionalism, accuracy, and thoroughness.
- Research and respond to all provider inquiries in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner while seeking to give them added value they did not anticipate.
- Adhere to company policies, and established procedures for documentation and other operational processes.
- Demonstrate solid problem-solving skills – learning from prior experiences while understanding unique circumstances that may warrant a different approach. Seeing beyond what a provider says and discern what they mean.
- Utilize various Cotiviti systems to access claim/provider information as needed.
- Adhere to established policies for authorization and authentication, maintaining confidentiality of proprietary Cotiviti information, data, systems, and findings.
- Strict compliance with all HIPAA regulations regarding the safe-guarding of Protected Health Information and Personal Identifiable Information.
- Demonstrate strong customer service tendencies with the ability to see through the eyes of the provider and balance decisions/actions with a solid understanding of business needs.
What skills should you possess?
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Prior experience in an in-bound call center environment
- Excellent customer-service tendencies
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- Can effectively organize multiple sources of work with the ability to multi-task – can manage interruptions while keeping focus on priorities
- Ability to effectively listen, develop rapport, and creatively problem solve even when faced with a difficult caller – maintaining a calm and professional demeanor under pressure
- Strong desire to learn with a demonstrated ability to learn new information quickly
- Flexibility and adaptability when responding to changing priorities
- Drive for results
- Works well to develop rapport with diverse members of the same team
- Strong keyboard and PC skills – ability to navigate multiple applications, and develop efficient methods to organize the PC desktop. Working knowledge of Windows-based applications, databases, and software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer
- Responds positively to feedback and coaching – whether informal or formal through review of correspondence and recorded phone calls
- Position requires 1-3+ years of related industry experience –, healthcare customer service, and/or claims/reimbursement.
- Completed 4-year degree preferred but not required. High School diploma or GED required.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin,
ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
||Send This Job to a Friend