Cotiviti is looking for an industry leading Business Analyst to join a revolution in Healthcare Technology and build a first-in-market operation strategy. The Business Analyst is responsible for business requirements gathering, requirements clarification
and documentation of requirements. This role requires an understanding of Requirements Analysis in an Agile software and system development environment.
This position can be located in any Cotiviti office, including Blue Bell, PA, Louisville, KY, McKinney, TX, Braintree, MA, and Salt Lake City, UT.
A Successful Candidate in This Role Should be:
- Curious: You enjoy breaking down a problem and examining the interrelationships between data that may appear superficially unrelated.
- Creative: You constantly invent and try new approaches to solving problems, which often times have never been applied in such contexts before.
- Practical: You explore theories with an eye to the real world application to the business and the potential for improving performance for clients and customers.
- Focused: You're intent on designing and testing a technique over periods of days and weeks, discovering what is successful and what should be optimized further.
- Determined: You will have both the challenge and opportunity to help design our analytical backend from the ground-up, and therefore must be comfortable as both a team member and a leader in our data science effort.
- Serves as a primary liaison between business units, Operation Growth Strategy and development units.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking, analytic reasoning, and creative problem solving skills.
- Works directly with business units to gather requirements, process definitions, documentation and training. Facilitates user requirement gathering meetings.
- Works closely with Product Owners, Solution Architects, SME, Business Owners and end users.
- Feature decomposition into stories with acceptance criteria, business rules and other details.
- Documents requirements in the form of User Stories, Work flows, Use Cases, Process Flow Diagrams, UI Mockup. Identifies and defines user roles and personas in connection with the creation of user stories.
- Identifies & defines all integration points, dependencies, nonfunctional requirements and works closely with Architects, System Analysts and product owners to manage the dependencies.
- Works with testers to validate test cases and test scenarios manages multiple priorities simultaneously, working toward successful and on-time completion.
- Compiles detailed reports using data reporting tools and making recommendation based on their findings.
- Actively participates in or may lead meeting discussions. Will prepare reports and white papers as well as present work internally at team or department meetings.
- Participates in the creation of a Release Plan with prioritized list of user stories.
- Works closely with end users/key stakeholders to demo features, capture feedback, issues, Service Level Agreement to measure success of implementations.
- Participates in Agile Scrum ceremonies.
- Creates and maintains all user guides and training material, in conjunction with other Business Analysts, across the Operation Growth Strategy.
- Plays a key role in onboarding new team members by providing training on key processes/tools.
- Other job duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Analyst required
- Experience in Agile Environment required
- Health Insurance and/or Analytics experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with Scaled Agile Framework, Scrum, and Kanban Agile practices
- Basic understanding and exposure to Requirement Analysis and User Story development in Agile Teams – is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to understand complex systems, business processes with little or no documentation.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills & presentation skills with proven ability to influence & persuade internal and external customers.
- Strong collaboration skills, strong team player with ability to work independently when needed.
- Professional with ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in fast paced distributed Agile Teams in multiple time zones.
- Must have ability to positively handle/manage change, such as high work volume and frequent change in a fast-paced growth organization.
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international matrixed organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
- Requirements Gathering: Specifying the capabilities, features or attributes of a project’s deliverables. Analyzing the stakeholder needs, wants and wishes to derive the requirements. Establishing consensus and common ground among project
stakeholders and participants. Ensuring the customer receives a product or service with the functionality requested.
- Process Mapping: Defining what a business entity does, who is responsible, to what standard a business process should be completed across 2 - 3 functional areas. Distinguishing how work is actually done from how it should be done and what
functions a system should perform from how the system is built to perform those functions. Ability to create process flows using Microsoft Visio or similar tools
- Agile Methodology: Understanding the Agile Methodology based on based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams. 2-3 years of experience in fulfilling
1-2 roles, executing work and leading 1-2 agile ceremonies in an Agile Structure. Role examples include Scrum Master, Agile Manager, Release Manager and Product & Delivery BA. Work execution examples include leading grooming sessions, sprint planning, daily
stand ups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Agile Documentation: 2-3 years of experience in creating documentation within the Agile Methodology. This includes creating epics, feature and user stories. Experience in using one or more agile applications
- User Acceptance Training: Designing test cases to cover 2-3 functional scenarios in real world usage, selecting the testing team, executing test cases and documenting relevant issues, managing the fixing of bugs
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Cotiviti is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin,
ethnicity, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, mental or physical disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
||Send This Job to a Friend